The Multiplayer Guys Website Terms of Service and Licence Agreement
LAST UPDATED: 20 November 2019
1.1 These Terms of Service and Licence Agreement (“Agreement”) set out the terms governing your use of this Website. By accessing the Website, you agree to the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to this Agreement, you must not use our Website.
1.2 The Agreement is a legally binding contract between you, either individually or if applicable on behalf of your corporate entity/employer (“you” or “Customer”) and The Multiplayer Guys Ltd (incorporated in England) with company number 11254980 whose registered office is at 10 Bishops Square, London, E1 6EG, UK (“us”, “we” or “MPG”).
1.3 The purpose of this Agreement is for you to view and interact with the Website in accordance with MPG’s rules, guidelines, policies and requirements (as set out in this Agreement and on the Website) (the “Purpose”).
1.4 Right to Modify Terms. We have the right to modify the terms of this Agreement (in whole or in part) from time to time without liability to you. Where we modify the terms of this Agreement we will notify you of the update by posting the terms here. Your continued use of the Website following such notification shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such revised Agreement terms.
2.1 In this Agreement, the defined terms will be as follows unless otherwise defined below:
2.2 “Intellectual Property Rights” or “IPRs” means any and all copyright, trade marks, service marks, trade dress, brand names, logos, goodwill, get up, trade, business or domain names, design rights, database rights, patents, rights in inventions, know-how, trade secrets and confidential information and other intellectual property and exploitation rights.
2.3 “MPG Property” means: (i) the Website; (ii) all IPRs in the Website and all related materials, including any improvements, updates and subsequent versions; and (iii) all materials published or otherwise made available by us via the Website.
2.4 “Website” means http://themultiplayerguys.com/ and any other website owned or operated by MPG (as updated and/or replaced by MPG from time to time).
3. THE WEBSITE
3.1 The Website is still in development and is made available free of charge. Therefore, there may be missing or incomplete features, bugs or errors which may be subject to testing/further development/patches/updates in MPG’s sole discretion. MPG does not make any promises, warranties or representations of any kind about the Website or the materials published or otherwise made available on it – these are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon.
3.2 Availability/Downtime. We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons.There may be times when all or part of the Website is not available for technical or maintenance related reasons, whether on a scheduled or unscheduled basis.
3.3 Linking. Where our Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
You may link to our Website home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.1 Licence to you. Subject to your compliance with the terms of this Agreement and any other agreements between the parties, MPG grants you a personal, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable and non-exclusive licence to use the Website for the Purpose, subject to the Restrictions set out in this clause.
4.2 Licence to us. You grant MPG a revocable, worldwide, non-exclusive and transferable licence for the term of the Agreement to use any data provided by you to us for the Purpose or for any other purpose specified at the point of collection.
4.3 RESTRICTIONS. (i) Unless otherwise agreed in writing, you must not modify distribute, translate create derivative works of, hack or interfere with the Website or any part of the Website. (ii) You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this clause 4.3(ii), you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
5. REGULATION. Regarding your use of the Website, you are solely and exclusively responsible for all legal and regulatory compliance and you acknowledge that MPG has no responsibilities, obligations or liabilities whatsoever regarding the same.
6. TERM AND TERMINATION. The Agreement will run from the date MPG grants you access to the Website under this Agreement and will continue until the earlier of: (i) we withdraw the Website from the public domain and thereby terminate the licence granted to you from us under this Agreement; or (ii) in our sole discretion we block your access to the Website (for breach of the Restrictions set out at clause 3 or otherwise).
7. CONSEQUENCES OF TERMINATION. Without prejudice to our other rights and remedies, upon the termination of this Agreement the licence granted by us to you under clause 4.1 will be terminated and you will no longer be allowed to use the Website or any of the other MPG Property).
8. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
8.1 As between the parties, MPG is the sole and exclusive owner of the MPG Property. These IPRs are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
8.2 Notwithstanding the restrictions set out in clause 3 (Restrictions), to the extent you make any modifications to, or any derivative works from, any of the MPG Property, you hereby assign to us all rights, title and interest in and to all such modifications and derivative works and you agree that you will do all such things and take all such actions as we reasonably require in order to transfer such modifications and derivative works, and the Intellectual Property Rights in them, to us. We shall own all rights (including all Intellectual Property Rights) in all oral and written feedback that you provide to us in connection with your use of the MPG Property.
9.1 This Agreement will replace any previous versions of these terms.
9.2 Unless otherwise agreed, MPG will not be liable to you in connection with this Agreement for any indirect or consequential loss or damage. Nothing in this Agreement purports to limit or exclude any party’s liability for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation or wilful misconduct or exclude or limit liability for death or personal injury caused by that party’s negligence or to the extent otherwise not permitted by law.
10. GENERAL. (i) No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right under this Agreement or at law will be a waiver of that right. (ii) Any variation of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by the parties. (iii). No assignment, sub-contracting or transfer of this Agreement by either party is possible without the other party’s prior written consent save that we may transfer our rights and obligations under this Agreementto a group company. (iv) Only a party to this Agreement can enforce it (whether under the UK’s Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise). (v) If any part of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable, that will not affect the rest of the Agreement. (vi) This Agreement and any dispute or claim in connection with it will be governed by the laws of England under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.